Warning: Division by zero in /nfs/c06/h01/mnt/155334/domains/staybattlin.com/html/core/modForum/details_thread.php on line 151

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c06/h01/mnt/155334/domains/staybattlin.com/html/core/modForum/details_thread.php:151) in /nfs/c06/h01/mnt/155334/domains/staybattlin.com/html/core/modForum/details_thread.php on line 232
"Events Discussion"
Profile Avatar
Apr 4th, 2008
Michael

What did you guys think of the A3C event this year? It was definitely bigger, and there were tons of great acts as usual... but it was so big that I felt like I was running around DragonCon (except for Hip-Hop).

I kind of liked it last year when everything was contained in one space, and the talent performing has the crowd's undivided attention. I mean, this year there were a lot of great acts on the Vinyl stage while others were performing simultaneously on other stages, and it was almost too much to follow.

I guess I'd rather be complaining about having too much talent than not enough though...

http://www.a3cfestival.com/A3C2008

Profile Avatar
Apr 4th, 2008
I really liked the AB's, and all the Duval County folks... I think that overall A3C put on another pretty solid hip-hop festival... easily the best around here! The whole merchant circle around Center Stage was kind of strange, or maybe cool. Well, the odd assortment of people that were set up definitely made it feel more like a festival than a venue full of people just selling the same old stuff!

Profile Avatar
Apr 4th, 2008
the A3C was dope this year. I really enjoyed the b-boyism that was happening. I do think the battle could have been promoted better. You should have more than 16 crews getting into a 2 on 2 Battle for a grand. The performances were good, and the setup was nice. It was kind of hard to track all the different performances, but as you said, that's a good problem to have.

Profile Avatar
Apr 4th, 2008
I'd have to agree with you Michael! Though I APPRECIATE the amount of talent that was added all the way up to the last second....However, I believe isolating the venue to one location helped in selling merch and keepin the crowd!

Warning: mysql_free_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /nfs/c06/h01/mnt/155334/domains/staybattlin.com/html/core/modForum/details_thread.php on line 818